Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Next project...

Greetings from Down Under.

I have been in Australia for a little over a week and just flew from Melbourne to Brisbane. KISS perform in a few hours at the local "enormo-dome" so I am just checking in at the hotel and running over to the venue.

Another little fan-dork moment for me the other night as I directed KISS' Melbourne show at the Australian Grand Prix. All those years of listening to KISS Alive II paid off. It was very surreal to be staring at the monitors and calling the shots to songs I have known my whole life. It was also fun to be reminded that Gene is a rock star. I deal with him so much on a daily basis that I sometimes forget exactly what his day job is.

On the comic front - me and Marc's next project was just announced by Top Cow. Here is the cover (minus the logo which has not been designed yet).



It is called "Genius" and features what I think is a pretty fascinating premise...

Alexander, Hannibal, Napoleon, Patton. What if the greatest military mind of our generation was born in strife, surrounded by violence and combat since birth? When the gauntlet is dropped, the question isn’t “How did 17-year-old Destiny Ajaye unite the gangs of South Central into a killer army and declare war on the LAPD?” No, the question is, “Can anyone stop her?”

Definitely not your average comic fare. A big thanks to Rob and the Top Cow gang for taking a chance. The book will be released in June as part of a promotion they call "Pilot Season." 6 comics released, fans vote, one becomes an ongoing series. I'll post the voting information once I have it.

Ok, that's it. I am off to Rock n' Roll All Nite and Party Every Day...

No comments: