Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Fab Faux

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a Beatles fan. Well, I am also a huge fan of Beatles cover songs.

The Fab Faux are a group of NYC musicians including Will Lee of the Letterman band who perform note for note, sound effect for sound effect, letter perfect renditions of virtually every Beatles song as well as their solo material. Their goal is to perfectly reproduce the Beatles' records live - something the original band never even attempted.

If you are a true Beatles fan, check out these two clips - one performing on Letterman and one live somewhere. Pay attention to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." They don't just play the song, they actually begin it with the end of "Bungalo Bill" and the chatter/smattering of applause just like the White Album.

I freakin' love it.

Check out YouTube for tons more.



No comments: